Saturday, May 19, 2012

Brain Tumor Awareness month

Brain Tumor Awareness month: Lanette Veres from Gray Matters Foundation talked to Nicole about her battle with a brain tumor and also that May is Brain Tumor Awareness Month. (5/18/2012)

Link goes to a video from this week; Lanette heads the local brain tumor/cancer support group here in AZ. Gray Matters is the non-profit www.thinkgeek.com donated to back in January. They rock with support, love, and care.


I know some of you came to my blog because you or someone you love and care about is also fighting a disease like this. Lanette is someone you should also know.
She's a hero to me.

2 comments:

  1. 'Diagnosed with Stage III Brain Cancer in 1998............ and Lanette Veres was (at the time) a single Mom with 2 children............ plus, she's now had a Total of #5 Brain Surgeries............ and chemotherapy and radiation............ in addition to providing support, love, and care through the Gray Matters Foundation??

    I can certainly see how she's a hero to you, Tashi, because I'd also put her in that "Hero Category" myself, too. 'Just *a.m.a.z.i.n.g.*............

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the link to the National Brain Tumor Society. My Dad had metastatic melanoma to the brain, and I'd been looking for links like that.

    ReplyDelete