Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Survival

So Wash was admitted into the hospital today and thankfully I got to take him home.

We were there for about 4 ish hours; he had his tests and though he did not have a grand mal, he had some seizure/unusual brain activity.

They kept him for observation for a little while after his tests. He had to be taken out in a wheelchair though, afterwards his right side was quite weak with bad neuropathy. He managed to walk to our front door by leaning on me.
He fell asleep when we got home for about 3 solid hours. Our kitten Leto did not leave his side. When we came home he just snuggled up right next to Wash and stayed there; he is still just a few feet away right now. He loves Wash so much, it is really touching.

So, I take from this Wash will have his anti-seizure meds changed - we see his Neurologist next week. His right side has since equalized out mostly, so he feels almost back to his baseline.

At some point, I will have to cry. It's a lot of emotions for me to go through and process and there has not been much in the way to get me relief.

Everything stays the same, and changes at the same time.

-On top of that, we found out today Wash's hospital was robbed; their toy donations stolen. http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2011/11/30/20111130phoenix-hospital-toy-donations-stolen-worth.html
We try to donate as many toys as we can afford every year; sometimes only 2, sometimes more. I am ok if I don't get anything, but for the kids in the hospital- once you have spent at least half a month of your direct life living at the hospital, you understand every chance at a good day means a lifetime down there. A Christmas where each kid feels special and loved, magnify it by a million for the people who have to live there. They've lost 90% of the toys.
Even if you are a new or casual reader of my blog here, you know I ask for help for Wash. Well, I'm asking for a little help now too; Dear Reader if you were thinking of doing something for Wash this year, I thank you and encourage it (more on that in a later post). However, if you were going to help me in a personal way, I ask this instead. I'm not a material person, I have gone without before and can do it again. Please donate a toy at our hospital. I might be lucky enough to have decades of Christmasses again, these kids don't. Like Wash, this might be their last.

I'm running on about 5.5 hours of sleep right now. I need a good rest; I have my own doctor visit tomorrow.

Bright side; we have lovely friends who come to help- they bring dinner.


1 comment:

  1. You guys have been in my thoughts a lot lately. Just donated to the hospital toy fund. Sincerely hoping you guys find some peace and maybe even a little joy this holiday season.

    -Texas Browncoat

    ReplyDelete