Saturday, October 5, 2013

Short & Sweet

Well, I made it through the security and background checks, and got the call last night from my temp agency.
I got the confirmation from HR early this morning.

I go back to work, full-time (albeit as an at-will contractor for now) on Monday.

I am on the road back to financial independence.

I will be helping people in the health-insurance industry.
Yeah, I know. But it is in a good way this time.

I am scared, nervous, and excited.

I want them to want me- to have a long steady job. This place could even help lead to a career- they love to promote from within the company.

I have a commute of about 10 mins on the light rail and another 10 walking from my home to the LR stop. No worries about traffic, or parking for me in this case- which for now I am happy about. A month long metro pass is about the cost of a month of car insurance for me- but no gas, or constant working on my 17 year old (non working right now) SUV.

I am working to get myself to a better place, in a lot of ways.

It is a lot, but I think knowing I am doing good for other people who need help, who need the medical side of their life to be easier, will make me happy(er?).
At the least, for about 9 hours a day I hope to not feel quite so sad, so depressed.


It helps to have goals.




I still miss him. In different ways.
But I am trying hard to expand myself instead of withdrawing from the world. It hurts and it is not easy, but I feel it is something I have to do.

9 comments:

  1. So excited for you. My prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so correct-it is something you have to do despite the pain and the difficulty; good for you for seeing this. Also the decision to Help Others is always the wiser one. Good Luck, Tashi, May the road rise up to meet you and the wind be at your back. May each step we take lead the way to Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. What wonderful news. You will bring something special to everyone you work with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations. Expanding yourself.. it's painful.. but it's awesome as well. You helped inspired me to travel abroad for the first time - albeit to Germany to visit a friend - but that was a step towards what I hope will be more adventures. We're now discussing going to New Zealand.. Thank you for the inspiration.. go take 'em on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My hat is off to you. And I'm very happy for you! You have much to offer and you will be a blessing to all who receive your help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Looking forward to reading about your new adventures! Hope your newfound independence lets you spread your wings like the bird in your last Israel post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. cash advance 24 hours chicagoThe primary thing that you should know is that a payday advance can be precisely what you require however it is not generally the best decision in each circumstance.

    ReplyDelete