Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A Fellowship


I got out tonight! I went out, and socialized, and shared, and made at least one new friend (hopefully).
Feeling a little proud of myself.
I am anti-social.
I have Asperger's.
I am a recent widow.
This is big.


Step by step, hour by hour, day by day; I am rebuilding my sense of self. I am allowed to be proud for trying something new, for putting myself in an unknown situation, and for enjoying it.

I do not know how tomorrow will go (though I actually hope to have some good and exciting news!) but I know that today I tried, and when I eventually get to sleep and wake up on Tues, I have another chance to try to live for myself.

Every day is hard. Not a day goes by without thoughts of Wash.
Gaius-Wash comes and goes as he will.

I want to try. I am not certain what it is, but there is a growing part of me that wants to just try instead of simply being, which is all I am right now- most days.



2 comments:

  1. I love this post. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. day by day - hour by hour - You should be proud of yourself!!!! And when you need to, refer back to this post to see how far you have come...and that you will be able to do it again!

    ReplyDelete